Generalist Security Engineer, Quantum Security
The Ideal Candidate
You are a highly motivated, bright, dynamic and adaptable individual contributor that thrives in an innovative, performance-oriented environment. Continual learning is something you strive for, and you want to be a key contributor in a team full of diverse, experienced technology and business professionals. Deep down you have a passion for life, embrace change and thrive in a creative environment. You understand what motivates clients, team members, and attackers alike and you find solutions to problems that utilize that knowledge which are economic, strategic and elegant. How would others that you have worked with describe you? Is this you?
Joining the Quantum Security team gives you the opportunity to work with a disruptive company that is still in its very early stages. You will work on solving challenging problems as we seek to become the next generation managed security service provider. You’ll work for a hyper-growth company that is focused on delivering the highest quality product in the market where your work has direct impact on Quantum Security clients every day.
Quantum Security was born with a simple mission to protect from threats whilst preparing for the worst. Cyber threats are vast and continue to advance in technique and motivation to steal sensitive data, extort companies, negatively impact reputation, and cause harm. We meet with many organizations who have chosen to defend themselves by purchasing tools they hope are effective against these many threats. At Quantum, we start with a strategic risk-based approach and spend the appropriate energy and resources improving the security posture of our clients. Additionally, our managed SecOps solution ensures they have the risk and compliance posture needed for continuous protection.
As a Generalist Security Engineer, you are expected to be able to adapt to the ever-changing needs commonly found in start-ups, in addition to other related consulting work. You will work closely with clients to help support their security needs and assist in responding to incidents our service detects. You will work closely with the sales engineering to provide support for pre-sales using knowledge of threat and risk. You will be a member of the Security Operations team in providing best in class incident response and assist the engineering team with improvements and innovation through project work.
- Identify and respond to security incidents and help maintain our incident response plan.
- Provide verification, feedback, and validation as security issues are mitigated and resolved.
- Help define and document processes and procedures for implementation.
- Contribute to security alerts and design automation around incident response and tools for threat hunting
- Assist in conducting physical and logical security assessments of servers, systems, and network devices.
- Discover and raise awareness around methods that attackers could use to exploit weaknesses and logic flaws.
- Work on improvements for provided security services, including the continuous enhancement of existing methodology material, and supporting assets.
- Work with cloud technologies to help build, implement, and maintain security solutions for our clients (Azure, GCP (Google Cloud Platform), AWS (Amazon Web Services), Serverless, etc.)
- Propose solutions and act as an advisor to our clients to encourage elimination of security vulnerabilities.
- Review and define requirements for information security solutions.
- Research, document, present and discuss security findings with management and IT teams.
- Work closely with Sales in design and architecting of comprehensive security solutions for clients.
- Participate in customer facing discussions and workshops to explain solutions, and approaches to addressing client risk and security challenges.
- Support diversity and inclusion amongst peers and demonstrate excellent work ethic.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with all levels of management within the organization and when interfacing with client staff.
- Take ownership of an initiative/issue through to completion.
- Acceptance all types of change positively and handling changing workloads in response to changing circumstances.
Must Have Requirements
- Minimum of 3+years’ experience in cyber security and/or related areas.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to keep calm in high stake situations
- Experience with Windows, UNIX and Linux based operating systems
- Knowledge of security control best practices regarding computer hardware, software systems, and Web-based applications
- Experience working with a SIEM, analysing and responding to advanced cyber threats, technology risk and the motivation/attack vectors of each threat
Great to have
- Experience in assessing organizational security posture or assisting with security roadmap planning.
- Experience in technically supporting customers and sales through customer engagements in an advisory capacity
- GitHub account link with repositories contributed to or maintaining
- Hands on experience of conducting Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration Testing
- Reverse engineering
- Forensics tools
- Cloud platform (GCP, AWS, Azure) and/or DevSecOps experience working with Terraform, Serverless, etc.
- Certifications are a plus, but not a requirement
- Knowledge of security frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001/27002, NIST, HIPAA, SOX, PCI, etc.)
- Understanding of Cryptography principles
- Desirable : Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent work experience
© 2021 ST Telemedia Cloud Pte. Ltd. All rights reserved.